VEnMo 2021 - September 1, 2021 @ 23rd IEEE International Conference on Business Informatics (IEEE CBI 2021)
3rd Workshop on Value and Quality of Enterprise Modelling
Scope of VEnMo
In computer science and information systems development, Enterprise Modelling (EM) is used for different purposes, like representing requirements, visualizing established work processes, specifying system design, expressing information structures, formalizing the relationships between organizational structures and IT landscapes and many more. Despite this large spectrum of modeling purposes and use cases, the value of modelling in general and of Enterprise Models in particular is still subject of research.
The 3rd VEnMo Workshop invites researchers and practitioners with strong interest in the value of Enterprise Modelling to discuss approaches and experiences in measuring, assessing, evaluating, and improving the value of enterprise related models like Enterprise Models, Enterprise Architecture Models, or Business Process Models. While it is common sense that EM adds value to organizations, existing research is still vague regarding how this value manifests. Therefore, the workshop aims to shed light on existing as well as new theories, concepts and frameworks for describing, understanding and measuring the added value of EM.
One important aspect in this context may be the quality of EM, as only models of an adequate quality with respect to their intended purpose allow organizations to exploit the full value of EM. Therefore, the workshop further encourages researchers or practitioners to report on insights or approaches how to assess the quality of enterprise models.
- Interpretations or conceptualizations of the terms “value” and “quality” in the context of Enterprise related Models (EM, EA models, BPM, …)
- New approaches to measure, assess, evaluate, or improve the value of enterprise related models
- Interrelations between model, method and tool value
- Perceived value of models, methods and tools
- Stakeholder perspectives on value and quality of EM
- Metrics and quantitative approaches to assess the quality of enterprise related models
- Theories or best practices for maximizing modelling value
- Relationship between quality, quantity and value
- Management of value aspects in modelling
- Case studies and industrial experience reports on successful or failed application of approaches to assess the value or quality of enterprise related models.
- Tools, infrastructure and environments supporting the assessment of value or quality of enterprise related models.
- Empirical studies, evaluation and comparison of measurement techniques and models.
VEnMo 2021 calls for original submissions from research and practice in the following two categories:
- Full Papers: Papers describing concepts and methods in the form of Research Papers (up to 10 pages).
- Short Papers: Papers describing concepts and methods in the form Solution Proposals or Pre-Studies (up to 6 pages).
Papers should be written in English, following the IEEE double column format and should be submitted through the VEnMo easychair installation.
- Submission of papers: 2021-06-19
- Notification of acceptance: 2021-07-16
- Submission camera ready version: 2021-07-31
- VEnMo @CBI2021: 2021-09-01
Program Committee Co-Chairs
- Simon Hacks, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Michael Fellmann, University of Rostock, Germany
- Kurt Sandkuhl, University of Rostock, Germany
- Felix Timm, University of Rostock, Germany
- Peter Fettke, DFKI and Saarland University
- Janis Grabis, Riga Technical University
- Stephan Kühnel, Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
- Robert Lagerström, KTH
- Michael Leyer, Rostock University
- Erik Proper, Luxembourg Institute for Science and Technology
- Alixandre Santana, UFRPE
- Rainer Schmidt, Munich University
- Janis Stirna, Stockholm University
- Margus Välja, Scania AB